With the high price of gas this summer, stay close to home, and check out some of these Connecticut (and one Rhode Island) museums & attractions!
- The Children's Museum - West Hartford -- Pass allows for one free admission for every paid admission, adults or children. [Regular admission prices: $7 Adults & Children over the age of 12]. FRIENDS OF ANDOVER LIBRARY GIFT.
- Mark Twain House - Hartford -- Admits one adult OR 2 children free with the purchase of one adult admission. [Regular admission prices: $13 Adults (ages 17-64); $11 Seniors (age 65+); $8 Children (ages 6-16); Free admission for children under 6]. FRIENDS OF ANDOVER LIBRARY GIFT.
- Mashantucket Pequot Museum & Research Center - Mashantucket -- Pass is valid for $5 off admission for up to 2 adults & 2 children. [Regular admission prices: $15 Adults (ages 16-54); $13 Seniors (age 55+); $13 Children (ages 6-15)]. FRIENDS OF ANDOVER LIBRARY GIFT.
- New Britain Museum of American Art - New Britain -- Free admission for 4 people (no age restrictions). [Regular admission prices: $9 Adults; $8 Seniors; $7 Students; Free admission for children under 12]. FRIENDS OF ANDOVER LIBRARY GIFT.
- New England Air Museum - Windsor Locks -- Admits two adults or seniors at $5 each AND free admission for 2 children. [Regular admission prices: $7.25 Adults; $6.25 Seniors; $3.75 Children (ages 6-11)]. FRIENDS OF ANDOVER LIBRARY GIFT.
- Roger Williams Park Zoo - Providence -- Reduced admission for any combination of 4 Adults, Seniors, and/or Children. During January-June & September-December, the discounted rate is $6 Adults; $4 Seniors; $3 Children. During July & August, the discounted rate is $9 Adults; $6 Seniors; $5 Children. [Regular admission prices: $12 Adults; $8 Seniors (age 62+); $6 Children (ages 3-12)].
In addition, the library offers these passes, which are provided free to the library by their respective organizations:
Also, consider visiting the following museums. While we don't have passes for them, admission is FREE:
- Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry - UCONN, Storrs -- Hours: Friday-Sunday, noon-5PM
- Barker Cartoon Museum - Cheshire -- Hours: Saturday, 11AM-5PM
- Connecticut State Museum of Natural History & Archaeology Center - UCONN, Storrs -- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 10AM-4PM
- Leffingwell House Museum - Norwich -- Hours: Saturday & Sunday, 1-4PM (April 15-October 15)
- Museum of Connecticut History - Hartford -- Hours: Monday-Friday, 9AM-4PM & Saturday, 9AM-3PM
- Nautilus & Submarine Force Museum - Groton -- Hours: Winter (Nov. 1st-April 30th) - Daily 9AM-4PM, closed Tuesday; Summer (May 1st-Oct. 31st) - Daily 9AM-5PM, Tuesday, 1-5PM
- New England Civil War Museum - Vernon -- Hours: Thursday, 1-3PM; 2nd & 4th Sunday, noon-3PM
- William Benton Museum of Art - UCONN, Storrs -- Hours: Tuesday-Friday, 10AM-4:30PM; Saturday & Sunday, 1-4:30PM