Here's what the Friends have purchased for you:
- The Children's Museum (formerly known as the Science Center of Connecticut) - West Hartford -- Pass allows for one free admission for every paid admission, adults or children. [Regular admission prices: $7 Adults & Children over the age of 12].
- Connecticut Commission on Culture & Tourism -- Free admission for 2 adults & 2 children to four Connecticut state museums, including Henry Whitfield State Museum in Guilford; the Old New-Gate Prison & Copper Mine in East Granby; the Sloane-Stanley Museum in Kent; and the Prudence Crandall Museum in Canterbury.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe Center - Hartford -- Pass admits 2 people for a free tour of the Stowe House OR a seasonally-offered Garden Tour or Nook Farm Walking Tour. [Regular admission prices: $8 Adults (ages 13-64); $7 Seniors (age 65+); $4 Children (ages 5-12)].
- Mark Twain House - Hartford -- Admits one adult OR 2 children free with the purchase of one adult admission. [Regular admission prices: $13 Adults (ages 17-64); $11 Seniors (age 65+); $8 Children (ages 6-16); Free admission for children under 6].
- Mashantucket Pequot Museum & Research Center - Mashantucket -- Pass is valid for $5 off admission for up to 2 adults & 2 children. [Regular admission prices: $15 Adults (ages 16-54); $13 Seniors (age 55+); $13 Children (ages 6-15)].
- New Britain Museum of American Art - New Britain -- Free admission for 4 people (no age restrictions). [Regular admission prices: $9 Adults; $8 Seniors; $7 Students; Free admission for children under 12].
- Peabody Museum of Natural History -- Yale University, New Haven -- Pass is valid for $5 off up to 4 admissions (no age restrictions - one adult must accompany children under age 16). Admission applies to Museum galleries only. Special exhibits, events, and programs may require a fee. Pass is not valid in February. [Regular admission prices: $7 Adults; $6 Seniors (age 65+); $5 Children (ages 3-18)].
- Roger Williams Park Zoo - Providence -- Reduced admission for any combination of 4 Adults, Seniors, and/or Children. During January-June & September-December, the discounted rate is $6 Adults; $4 Seniors; $3 Children. During July & August, the discounted rate is $9 Adults; $6 Seniors; $5 Children. [Regular admission prices: $12 Adults; $8 Seniors (age 62+); $6 Children (ages 3-12)].
In addition, the library offers these passes, which are provided free to the library by their respective organizations:
- Mystic Aquarium Institute for Exploration - Mystic -- Reduced admission for 2 Adults & 2 Children. From September 5th through June 30th, the discounted rate is $13.50 per Adult & $9.50 per Child. From July 1st through September 4th, the discounted rate is $15.75 per Adult & $11.25 per Child. Please note: this is the first year the Aquarium is offering any discount on their summer rates. [Regular admission prices: $17.50 Adults; $16.50 Seniors (age 65+); $12.50 Children (ages 3-17)].
- New England Carousel Museum - Bristol -- Free admission for 4 people (no age restrictions). [Regular admission prices: $5 Adults; $2.50 Children (ages 4-14); Children under age 4 are admitted free.]
- Wadsworth Atheneum - Hartford -- Free general admission to the museum for 2 Adults & 2 Children (ages 6-17). [Regular admission prices: $10 Adults; $8 Seniors (age 62+); $5 Students (ages 13 through college students with ID); Free admission for children 12 & under].
We encourage you to borrow these passes frequently this year. They may be checked out the day before your planned visit, and must be returned one day after your museum visit. In general, we do not allow passes to be reserved -- they are first come, first served. If you have any questions, please call the library at 742-7428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.